Apple recently released its first tvOS public beta of tvOS 11 in which Apple announced at its WWDC conference on June 5th. The public release of tvOS 11 arrives later this fall but before then, they need users to test its firmware willingly. You can help! To enroll your Apple TV in the tvOS 11 public beta, you’ll need to be signed into your Apple TV with the same Apple ID you used to register for the Beta Software Program.
First of all, you have to register yourself with Apples Beta Program:
- Head to beta.apple.com.
- Tap Sign up to get started with the program.
- Enter your Apple ID email address and password.
- Tap Sign In.
- Tap Accept to agree to the program’s terms and conditions.
Next, open Settings on your Apple TV:
- Click Accounts.
- Click either iCloud, iTunes and App Store, or Game Center.
- Sign in with the same Apple ID email address and password that you used to register for the beta program.
- Click Menu on your Siri Remote.
- Click Menu on your Siri Remote again.
- Click on System.
- Click Software Updates.
- Turn Get Public Beta Updates on.
- Click Get Public Beta Updates.
- Click Agree.
You can turn off public beta updates by clicking the Get Public Updates button again under Software Updates.
I hope you enjoy the beta! I’ll see you guys again this coming Thursday! I hope you had an amazing 4th of July.