Hello! Today I’ll be discussing the release of iOS 11 developer beta 2 which became available on Wednesday at 1PM PDT. The main aim for this beta were stability improvements, bug fixes, and just a few added features. Of course new bugs were introduced in this update but we’ll take a glance at that later. With this beta we suggest to only use it not on your daily device since this update is intended for developer use not public use.
So what are the new features in this beta? View the list below.
- You can now remove the recent section of the Dock on iPad
- New Flyover features in Apple Maps
- Indoor maps for Apple Maps
- Share Screenshots directly
- ‘Press for Siri’ toggle now relocated to Settings → Siri
- One-handed Keyboard preferences
- Bolder Date on Calendar app icon
- New Safari settings for Experimental Features
- New long press tab options
- Landscape Safari tab interface on smaller devices
- Control Center Music widget now shows playback source
- Do Not Disturb While Driving Control Center toggle now works
- New DND While Driving preferences in Settings → DND
- DND While Driving ‘Urgent’ feature
- No text feedback when using Siri while DND While Driving enabled
I’m especially excited for the Do Not Disturb while driving toggle that has been added as an option to the control center! This was mentioned in Apples WWDC conference on June 5th as a major step forward for safety of their consumers while they are driving on the open road.
So with this update, some new bugs have been introduced. So far, I’ve encountered one in closing out of applications in the app switcher where if you swipe up to close and hit the home button, the app you closed is reopened, essentially creating a repeating loop. While there are several others this has been the only one I’ve personally experienced.
That’s about it for this update! I’ll keep this article updated if we find any more hidden features in this update. Until next time, peace! ✌️