Hello everyone! How are you?
Apple has just released iOS 8.4 beta 4. This beta is coming just a day after Apple released iOS 9 beta 1. This new beta is coming with the build number of 13A4254v. This new beta is bringing Apple’s all new music app. If you are running iOS 8.4 beta 3, then you can OTA to 8.4 beta 4.
I will continue to update this article with any changes I find within the beta!
Here is an image of the update:
It seems that the biggest change in this beta is the new music app. Apple did say at WWDC that their new music service and app would be launched to the public on June 30.
Here are the iOS 8.4 beta 4 release notes:
- App extensions need an arm64 slice to run on 64-bit devices. If you try to run the armv7 slice on a 64-bit device it won’t work.
- Apps need to have an arm64 slice if the bundle contains a framework that both the app and the app extension link against.
Fixed in Beta 4
- Using Siri to control iTunes Radio does not work in this beta.
- Home Sharing and Genius Mixes are not currently available.
- AirPlay streaming may not work.
- It’s not possible to start a station from a song or artist.
- Station sharing for iTunes Radio is not available.
- The iTunes Radio tab may unexpectedly appear within Search, even if iTunes Radio is not available in your country.
- The Music app may forget its place when you go to the Home screen and come back.
- Ads in iTunes Radio may display on top of Up Next.
- The downloaded icon is not displayed in Songs view on the iPad when you select “Make Available Offline.”
- “Play <Song> Siri” requests from a watch are failing for a few days when the iPhone has a new install of iOS 8.4. Workaround: Request playback of Artists or Albums instead of a specific song.
When linking against iOS 8.3 or later, any code that relies on layout information (such as the frame) of a UIButton subview when the button is not in the window hierarchy will need to send layoutIfNeeded to the button before retrieving layout information (such asbutton.titleLabel.frame) to ensure that the layout values are up to date.
- Content stored in iCloud may not appear in your library after signing in.
A bug where continuous background location updates fail to update has been resolved. If your Watch app relies on continuous background location updates to function, it is recommended that you update your WatchKit extension deployment target to iOS 8.3 and submit your app with Xcode 6.3.
- Creating an animated image using the UIImage methodanimatedImageWithImages:duration: and then playing the animation usingstartAnimating ignores the duration and plays back as fast as possible.Workaround: Use startAnimatingWithImagesInRange:duration:repeatCount:instead.
- The appearance of default notifications on a Watch differs slightly from the appearance of default notifications in the Simulator.
If you do decide to run the beta, be sure to let me know how it goes by tweeting me! You can find me on Twitter by clicking here. Have a great day everyone!